I haven’t done this very often on my site but for today’s post I’m going to look into my crystal ball and forecast a bunch of financial events I think will happen in 2013. At the end of this year, we’ll see how close I came to hitting the marks.
- The S&P/TSX Composite Index will finish the year at 13,100.
- The Dow Jones will finish the year at 13,900.
- With renewed focus on Asia markets, RIM is the comeback business story of the year and makes the cover of Canadian Business Magazine at some point to prove it.
- Crude Oil will finish the year at around $98 per barrel.
- The Canadian Dollar will finish the year at $0.97 against the U.S. Dollar.
- Speaking of cents, nobody misses the Canadian penny.
- Canadian REITs, measured by iShares XRE performance, will deliver 10%+ return.
- The following U.S. companies will announce dividend hikes this year: Coca-Cola, Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble and Emerson Electric.
- The following Canadian companies will announce dividend hikes this year: TD Bank, Bank of Nova Scotia, Enbridge and Telus. (I own all of them!)
- Canadian bonds, measured by iShares XBB performance, will deliver 5%+ return.
That’s good enough 🙂 Let’s see where I end up.
How about you? Any financial predictions you’d like to share?