Weekend Reading – Giveaway reminders, gotta love dividend investing, and more #moneystuff
Welcome to my latest Weekend Reading edition where I share some of my favourite articles from the week that was across the personal finance and investing blogosphere.
Final TurboTax Giveaway Reminder!
Thanks to TurboTax Canada, I just received my 2018 tax refund – to the penny. The software did all the heavy lifting for me. It can do the same for you – check it out!
I got around to posting two articles this week:
A nice milestone on the site recently. This site has now over 3,200 dedicated email subscribers! Thanks for being fans, providing input/feedback on every post and sharing the content with family and friends.
Have a great weekend and see you here next week when I will share my March 2019 dividend income update and giveaway another book! (Last month’s dividend income update is here – onwards and upwards!)
Bad financial news first. This piranha company persuaded this nearly-90-something couple to buy a timeshare. Absolutely criminal.
Far better news – I love dividend investing. Here are 10 things to love about this investing approach from John Heinzl. Among my favourites from his list:
- This investing approach helps you stay out of trouble – “Dividend-paying companies … are typically well-established, soundly-managed companies with stable businesses…”.
- Dividend investing reinforces a buy-and-hold discipline.
- Dividends, rising dividends, help fight inflation. “A stock that pays a rising dividend, on the other hand, will preserve your spending power – and, in many cases, increase it – even after inflation.”
Save, Invest, Prosper!
Thanks to my passion for personal finance and investing, some great companies want to offer deals. As a reader, you might as well take advantage of them although there is never an obligation.
From my Deals page:
- As a My Own Advisor reader you get full-access, during your FREE trial, to all of 5i’s research reports, all the model portfolios, top companies and best ETFs to own.
- You can use my promo codes when you invest with BMO to save hundreds of dollars right away!
- You can get $50,000 managed free with ModernAdvisor.
- Sign up for commission-free investing with Questrade.