Top 10 excuses for not filing your 2012 taxes…yet
With the deadline to file 2012 personal income taxes with the fine folks at the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) approaching fast I thought it might be fun to provide a few excuses some procrastinators might have for filing late.
Here are the top-10 excuses for not filing your 2012 taxes…yet…
10. 3-words: Witness. Protection. Program.
9. Didn’t my spouse take care of all this money stuff?
8. I thought “GST” meant “Good Stalling Tactics”?
7. My son is 39 and lives in my basement. I’m too busy trying to kick him out of the house to do my taxes dammit.
6. I’m waiting for the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to “Like” me on Facebook first.
5. I lost my favourite shoebox with all my receipts.
4. I thought tax filing was for nerds and geeks.
3. I’m waiting for My Own Advisor to write a blogpost about some tax filing tips.
2. I have 1 kid in university and another one graduating high school this year. I don’t have any income to report.
1. I’m waiting for the Leafs to win the Stanley Cup.
Each year, thousands of Canadians wait until the last possible moment to file their tax returns. Proud supporters of this site, H&R Block Canada, can help you avoid becoming another statistic this tax season – consider getting some professional help with your tax files or get after it yourself if you’re running late.
Have you ever missed filing your tax return? If not, good on you, but what is the best excuse you’ve heard for not filing taxes on time?