Frugal folks aren’t necessarily cheap but they do watch what they spend and where they spend their money.
“Frugal” from Latin frugalis; from frugi ‘economical, thrifty’; from frux, frug, ‘fruit’.
Here are some key things I’ve noticed about frugal people:
- They look for sales or at least ask for deals.
- They rarely give-in to lifestyle inflation.
- They don’t drive expensive cars (unless they can afford it now based on their past frugal ways).
- They don’t spend lots of money on themselves.
- They aren’t infatuated with gadgets.
- They don’t care about impressing others.
- They don’t waste stuff (they re-use and re-purpose items whenever they can).
- They budget.
- They pay themselves first and try run a monthly surplus.
What other traits do ‘fruitful’ folk follow? Do you consider yourself frugal?