Well, better late than never right?
For the last few years I’ve made various predictions at the beginning of the year, including those about the stock market and certain stocks or funds, by looking into my cloudy crystal ball.
Here is a recap of recent predictions including what I got right!
Cutting right to the chase, here is what I think might happen in 2019, financial or otherwise:
- Eugene Melynk will finally parter with someone (this year) to re-build Lebreton Flats.
We’re in dire need of a new, modern, downtown hockey area (and more) to re-build this critical parcel of Ottawa land. I hope the ego of the Ottawa Senators owner doesn’t continue to get in the way of this huge development opportunity for our city.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning will win The Stanley Cup.
I figure if I keep saying the same thing, these guys will win, I’ll eventually be right!
- Jon Rahm will win The Masters.
Spanish golfers have a flair for the dramatic. Hardly anything would be bigger for Spanish golf than this win, this April.
- The TSX Composite will finish 2019 at 15,425.
- The S&P 500 will finish 2019 at 2,705.
- I think gold will finish 2019 at $1,320.
- Oil will finish 2019 at $57.50 (crude oil that, west Texas tea!)
- Our Canadian dollar will finish the year at $0.79.
Not very bullish or optimistic for these selections am I??
- Assuming we can stay the course with our investments, we’ll earn > $19,000 in dividend income this calendar year in key accounts.
You can check out my dividend income update from December for the final 2018 tally.
- Algonquin Power will increase their dividend by 5% before the end of 2019.
I don’t know when it might happen but I think it will.
Do you make any predictions – other than the stock market will go up, go down, and likely go back up again? Let me know in a comment.
I predict I’ll update you on this post in the future…!