Earlier this year, just for kicks, I shared some financial predictions for 2014. Here’s a recap of what I predicted and what has come true year-to-date:
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average will finish the year at 16,700.
It opened the year around 16,441. It is now about 16,026.
- The S&P/TSX Composite will finish the year at 14,200.
It opened the year around 13,594. It is now 14,257.
- Our Canadian Dollar will finish the year at $0.90 compared to the US Dollar.
It opened the year around $0.94. It is now $0.91.
- Fortis (FTS) will increase their dividend.
Well, back on February 6th Fortis increased its dividend to $0.32 per share starting March 1. They raise their dividend like clockwork.
- Telus (T) will increase their dividend.
This was an easy one. Back in May 2013, Telus announced it will extend its semi-annual dividend growth program into 2016. In February, Telus gave shareholders a 12.5% raise. The dividend is currently $0.36 per share and it will probably go up again later this year.
- Walmart (WMT:US) will increase their dividend.
Also back in late-February, Walmart bumped their dividend by 2%. The dividend is now $0.48 per share.
- AT&T (T:US) will increase their dividend.
In December 2013, AT&T increased their quarterly dividend by 2.2%. You and I will probably need to wait until December 2014 to see if they do it again.
I also intend to giveaway more stuff on my site later this year, stay tuned and share this article with friends.