Just for kicks, because I have no idea what the future holds, I thought I’d share some financial predictions for 2014. Here they are:
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average will finish the year at 16,700. It opened the year around 16,441.
- The S&P/TSX Composite will finish the year at 14,200. It opened the year around 13,594.
- Our Canadian Dollar will finish the year at $0.90 compared to the US Dollar. It opened the year around $0.94.
Other predictions…at some point this year:
- Fortis (FTS) will increase their dividend.
- Telus (T) will increase their dividend.
- Walmart (WMT:US) will increase their dividend.
- AT&T (T:US) will increase their dividend.
- My Own Advisor will giveaway more stuff on this site. 🙂
I read here that U.S. large-cap stocks won’t see the same stellar returns as in 2013, but will still deliver 10%, predicts Bob Doll, chief equity strategist at Nuveen Asset Management LLC, with $118 billion in assets under management.
Let’s see how I compare with Mr. Doll and other experts later this year.
Any financial predictions you want to share for 2014?